June 27 – July 4 ~ for Masters, Seniors and Juniors
Join coach and World Cup athlete Matt Liebsch for a week of hiking and summer time skiing on Haig Glacier in the Canadian Rockies.
•This has been a great camp the last 4 summers… summary and photographs can be discovered here… We’ve had athletes ages sixteen-70.
•The daily schedule includes: early breakfast, hike 45 minutes up to the glacier, ski on fresh piston-bulley tracks right up until noon. Hike back down for lunch, stretch, consider a nap, go through, brief (optional) hike or strength, eat dinner, assessment ski technique video from the morning, go to bed, get up, repeat.
•The camp fees contain grooming, helicopter transport of your gear up the mountain, 3 hearty meals prepared by camp workers and snacks, bunk beds with separate sleep places for males and females.
•The ski plan emphasizes simple distance altitude skiing. Approach coaching will take place some mornings and will incorporate video examination. Most of the mornings will be for straightforward distance skate and classic skiing. This camp is physically demanding due to the alpine environment, altering climate situations, extended distances, and moderately high altitude.
•This is a back-nation camp manned with seasonal employees, radiophone and satellite communications with ranger station and helicopter help teams down beneath (no cell mobile phone reception on the glacier). There are scorching showers, Television w/movies, complete kitchen, bunk home, and strength spot. Constrained Wi-Fi dependant on climate
Haig Glacier–Summer XC Ski Camp w Globe Cup skier Matt Liebsch June 27 – July four ~ for Masters, Seniors and Juniors ~
The Haig Glacier Ski Camp, also recognized as The Beckie Scott Large Altitude Instruction Center, is a seasonal Nordic ski camp used by clubs and teams from across north America. The Haig Glacier is found south of Canmore Alberta in Peter Lougheed Provincial Park.
- Charges: $ 1400 before May possibly 31th, $ 1475 right after (for groups of four or morecontact Matt Liebsch for team/club/group costs)
- – Helicopter transport of your gear up to camp and the glacier
- – All food and lodging although up at the camp
- – 7 possible days of groomed morning snow skiing, effortless distance emphasis with some techniqueinstruction and video analysis. (Depending on the nearby mountain climate skiing conditions might vary)
- – Supervised 3+ hr group hike into and out the camp
- Further Fees Needed:
- – Transportation to Canmore, AL. Final year we supplied ground transport from Minneapolis or Duluth. That is even now an choice, please speak to Matt Liebsch for information. Most will be flying into Calgary and sharing rental auto for the week. Airfare is about $ 500 presently. Mileage tickets are 29.5k on Delta.
- – Food income even though in transit
- – Emergency money of $ 250 in the instance exactly where the hike in might be closed due to bear activity. If thepark rangers shut the trail we spend for a helicopter ride up to camp.
- – All athletes will need passports!
- – !! Lodging on the front and backside of camp is not covered. In the past we have had a combine of folks camping in Canmore or hotel on Sunday night prior to we start off camp on Monday six/27. On the backside of camp, Monday night July 4th, people flying house normally remain at a Calgary airport hotel and fly home Tuesday morning and individuals driving home commence Monday afternoon. Also, rental automobile/transport to the Canmore location from the Calgary airport is required. We have accomplished a great job in the past of pairing up individuals to share rental car expenses or carpool pickup from people driving individual autos and hotel/camping fees. Some men and women also get pleasure from coming early or staying late to this trip to permit time to check out Banff and the Canadian Rockies.
- Skier Variety for Trip:
– The athlete should be in excellent bodily problem and capable to hike 3+ hours at a moderate tempo, and be
able to ski at altitudes near 8500’. Fun is the aim on this trip • Make contact with and added information:
- – Coach Matt Liebsch 952-473-0377 [email protected] Please speak to me for further information. If you have any degree of curiosity, I would be satisfied to reply any inquiries.
- – We will attend backcountry instruction at 9am on Monday morning the at the Canmore Nordic Center ahead of hiking into the Haig later that morning. Those flying in should arrive Sunday. Those driving will leave Saturday morning, stop in MT, then finish the drive Sunday midday. For departure, we leave the Haig Monday morning the 4th. Those driving will depart Monday afternoon and arrive back to the Midwest Tuesday evening. These flying need to routine flights out of Calgary both late Monday or Tuesday.