Head Coach, Nordic Ski and Cross Nation
Supervisor: Director of Intercollegiate Athletics
Standing/Variety: Total-Time, Exempt, 12-Month
Salary: A competitive salary and positive aspects package commensurate with knowledge and constant with NCAA Division III head coaches for the sport of Nordic Skiing and Cross Nation.
Place Summary: The Head Coach is accountable for the growth and implementation of a successful intercollegiate Nordic and Cross Country program by fulfilling particular occupation responsibilities in the intercollegiate athletic department. The Head Coach is anticipated to operate as a team-player with major responsibilities of coordinating all aspects of our Nordic and Cross Nation packages and adhering to all NCAA rules for the sport of Nordic Skiing and Cross Nation running. The Head Coach ought to foster student personal growth and growth as properly academic and athletic achievement. The Head Coach is viewed as a mentor and advocate of equity and diversity inside the athletic department. Female and minority candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum of 4 many years collegiate coaching knowledge or six years with a combinationof head coaching and aggressive encounter at the collegiate level.
- Robust function ethic, integrity and a optimistic frame of mind.
- Adaptable to a dynamic environment characteristic of an institution experiencingenrollment growth and plan development.
one. Master’s degree.
- Build, construction and apply a nationally competitive intercollegiate Nordic Ski and Cross Country plan, striving for person and crew athletic and academic excellence.
- Recruitment and retention of 10 specific pupil-athletes per gender annually to the University for each the Nordic and Cross Country programs (roster complete of 40 amongst the two).
- Supervise and direct associate and/or assistant Nordic and Cross Nation personnel.
- Collaborate with the athletic academic coordinator and university faculty to monitor academic progress of pupil athletes to make certain that athletic eligibility and academic specifications are maintained.
- Offer leadership to ensure that athletes carry out themselves in a method that is consistent with university and athlete code of carry out working directly with the Director of Athletics, Dean of Students, and related employees of the Student Improvement Division.
- Secure a schedule of competition to be approved by the Director of Athletics with acceptable NCAA schools/conference for the Nordic and CC plan.
- Arrange lodging accommodations for away competitions.
- Submit travel plans and price range requests for all recruitment and athletic competitionactivities to the Director of Athletics.
- Report game statistics to the Sports activities Info Director.
- Oversee team budgets and operate teams within budget limits.
- Create and market camp/clinic plans developed for youth talent enhancement.
- Aid the Strength and Conditioning Coordinator to create, apply, and monitor conditioning and expertise enhancement programs developed to improve pupil athletic capacity and performance.
- Adhere to all NCAA Division III rules and regulations governing collegiate athletics and the sports activities of Cross Country Working and Nordic Skiing.
- Support institutional identity and mission of Finlandia University “as a learning local community dedicated to academic excellence, spiritual growth, and service” 15.Execute extra administrative responsibilities as qualified and assigned.
Application Procedure: Mail or e-mail cover letter and resume to:
Chris M. Salani
Director of Athletics
601 Quincy St.
Hancock, MI 49930 [email protected]
Application overview will start instantly and place will continue to be posted until finally filled.