Durango Nordic Ski Club (DNSC) in Durango, Colorado has an opening for a Nordic Program Director (NPD) / Head Coach (HC) for cross country skiing. The place is a yr-round place with April and May off from training.
DNSC has been in existence given that 1954 and is a 12 months-round competitive junior cross-country ski program for junior skiers ages 6 by means of 19.
The NPD/HC for DNSC is responsible for the oversight and management of the junior race plan for junior skiers from U8 by way of U20 courses. The DNSC NPD/HC is answerable to the DNSC Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities incorporate, but are not limited to:
- Encourage the vision and path to preserve Durango Nordic Ski Club as a single of the best programs for junior skiers in the nation.
- Produce and carry out and administer a yr-round training schedule for the competition skiers and for these who are coaching for Junior Nationals, U18 Nation’s Cup Scando Journey, or Globe Junior Championships.
- Work with other junior plans within the neighborhood so junior skiers can cross train in kayaking, mountain biking, cross nation operating, soccer and/or other sports and routines.
- Employ and train development staff coaches
- Supply leadership and instruction for coach’s training to the other DNSC coaches.
- Offer aid in fundraising development and participation with the Durango Winter Sports Foundation (DWSF) exactly where applicable in fundraising pursuits.
- Be accountable for an annual price range for the DNSC Staff.
- Be imaginative in how DNSC could entice new members for the club.
- Produce timely and precise communication with athletes, mothers and fathers, and board of directors.
- Travel with the DNSC crew to all Rocky Mountain Nordic (RMN) Division Junior Nationwide Qualifying races and many key events (West Yellowstone, US Nationwide Championships, Junior Nationwide Championships, Super Tour Races).
- Attend the yearly fall & spring meetings of the RMN Division Junior Competition Committee.
- Attend National Coaches Conference for Coach’s Training as lengthy as it fits within the DNSC budget.
- Adhere to the RMN and USSA coach’s Code of Perform.
- Be involved in the race organization and manufacturing of any and all cross nation ski races that are performed by the DNSC.
- Be accountable for DNSC race entries and travel arrangements for RMN JNQs and other applicable competitions.
- Be accountable for the DNSC internet internet site articles so that it is up to date and accurate.
- With prior approval NPD/HC can apply for a USSA coaching place for the U18 Nations Cup Scando Trip or the World Junior Championships.
Compensation for this job is negotiable and will be based mostly on experience and earlier experience in management and coaching of Nordic sports.
Application Deadline: June 15, 2016
To apply: Mail or e-mail a cover letter of application and an up-to-date resume to:
President Durango Nordic Ski Club
2613 Arroyo Drive
Durango, Colorado 81301